Monday, January 7, 2008

Foggy Mountain Breakdown

On a foggy, misty, slushy, and mild afternoon, Doke and I took off to fish Pontiac Lake on Sunday. Not that I’ve ever been there, but it was like London out there with visuals limited to about twenty yards. It was a pretty wild scene when a plane would be heard in the distance from Pontiac Airport and ride right over you but you couldn’t see it. You weren’t sure if it was going to come out of the fog and land on you.

This was my first opportunity to see Doke’s new fishing gadget, the Aqua-Vu. I must say, I need to get me one of these. It basically is a small television with about fifty yards of wire connected to a camera that looks like a fish. You lower the fish/camera down and boom, you see
what is lurking near your lure and whatever else is showing up. The view is incredibly clear. He had quite the setup in his shanty with the Aqua-Vu next to his portable television with the football game on. Besides us two, there were three other people out that we could see. With the fog, there could have been a hundred others out and we wouldn’t have known. It was a surreal scene visually. I caught a couple of small perch and that was it for production for the day. It was good to get out, however.