Friday, March 14, 2008

Whole Lotta Talkin' Going On

Well, the latest on the downsizing is rather than the 30 days they had previously said would be the time to know our futures (or lack there of), it now won’t go down until May 1st for our department. More time for people to talk….and talk some more. How nice! While our department is in a holding pattern, others have started with the cuts. Most of our training staff has been let go and one of the executive vice presidents is leaving to pursue other opportunities. Isn’t that what being let go really means; pursuing other opportunities? I’m not sure which is worse, having a job and not knowing what will happen on May 1st or not having a job and knowing you need to move on. The gossip is thicker than I’ve ever experienced since I started here in 1990. I don’t do the chit chat game at work unless you are talking about sports so I’m usually the last to hear things, which I guess is a good thing these days. No sense worrying about something that you have no control over. My resume is ready when needed. Maybe I can get that football career I always dreamed of. The Lions seem to be letting all the players go and Millen is a moron. Who knows?

I do know it’s getting warmer each day and that means mountain bike season. I’m itching to ride!!!

I’m off to Florida next weekend so I’ll be sure to bring back some stories from my adventures down there with the Crouse and Ochs’ posse.

Trail Head