Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's Cold

Well, in pursuit of the Ward Cleaver award this year, I did double time this weekend hitting both Chuck E. Cheese's on Friday night and Pump It Up on Saturday in celebration of Calder's sixth birthday. My last experience at the mouse place was quite awhile ago and thought I had remembered there being beer offered but not at this location (boo!!!). I was warned that the pizza was pretty bad but thought you'd have to work hard to mess up pizza. I was wrong; this pizza was bogue. It's all about the unlimited amounts of pop, the games, and of course, the tickets! For only 4,000 tickets, you can get a pretty cool remote control car. There was one pin ball machine which gave me my sanctuary from the screamers. It was a dog eat dog world near the pop-a-shot. I was ready to put some whoop-ass on a pack of pompous West Bloomfield brats that were hogging the game.

I wisely held back at Pump It Up on Saturday. Pump It Up is a place that has three or four different moon walk type set ups that are pretty cool to jump around in. My last experience there when we were initially checking out the place had me walking like an old man for a couple days from the jumping. There were no kid casualties from the thrashing I am happy to report. I held home base near the air hockey game. Calder's big haul was a Wii machine from Mommy. I had a fun time playing with it on Sunday. It sure puts Pong to shame. The golf game was great. Maybe I should get that for my Dad? I would crack up watching him do practice swings in his living room.
I am looking forward to the annual CMU congregation next weekend at the Ochs' place. The ladies will swap some candles and the guy will swap some booze and lures. It doesn't get any better.


For anyone needing a chuckle, attached is a clip my niece and nephew put together from their two year residence in Brazil.


http://departingthed.blogspot.com/2008/12/hacked-encore-random-web-cam-from-sao.html


Trail Head