Thursday, May 14, 2009

Good Kite Flying Weather (until the wind stopped)

A beautiful evening it was at Island Lake. The trails had a few puddles but all was well out there as the trees are peaking with the bloom right now. The wind was kicking all day so it was good kite flying weather and its been awhile since my last kite experience. My last memory is my brother flying a Jolly Green Giant kite that was huge and we had the whole Farmington neighborhood involved in gathering string to keep this kite going further in the distance. I honestly can't recall how we got the kite down but that thing was up there! With that, we pulled out the Batman kite tonight, got her all stringed up, and....there was no wind. I ran around the parking lot to generate the wind but the minute I stopped, Batman nose dived into the pavement. Batman will fly another day I'm sure.

Kudos to the Wings! No more west coast games. Yay!!!

Trail Head