Sunday, December 5, 2010

Band Practice - A Plethora of Songs in One

Last night I got to witness the band that put the song "Mitchell sucks at fishing" on the map, The Leechbombs. I might have to classify them as the hardest working band in America as they were going at it from about three in the afternoon until past my bedtime. Work hard they did in trying to create actual, entire, full length songs. They did accomplish that a few times, however, I mostly recall more of a collage of music. More music for your dollar I guess. You could be hearing "What I like about you" and it would drift into "La Bamba," over to the "Whipping Post," into "Sweet Home Alabama," and finishing up with one of Tom's guitar solos, all in about 20 seconds. Amazing mix of styles there for the bombs. If they can all get on one page and one style, let's get the Oxbow Lake Roadhouse back together and let this band unleash the fury.
Keep on rocking Leechbombs.
 Trail Head
grilling outside of the studio




some Tom Petty song being wrapped up