Monday, September 5, 2011

Badwater Bass Club - Awards Banquet

The inaugural Badwater Bass Club season came to a conclusion Sunday as friends gathered to tell their "one that got away" stories once more; this time in the presence of family (great to see everyone). Greg V. took home the granddaddy trophy of them all, the coveted Angler of the Year. Spurge took the Boat Captain of the Year prize while Raj and I pulled up the rear with the trophies you get for making the effort but coming up short, REAL short. As Ricky Bobby says, "if you ain't first, you're last." We were literally last. I'm sorry I didn't have a speech ready (my mouth and brain don't work so well together anyway so it was meant to be). I'd have to believe Raj's award will be admired by one his co-workers tomorrow at the office, one of which owns the same last name that resides on said award.
Again, kudos to the founding fathers of the club for putting it all together and listening to the people for future improvements to the club. Here's looking forward to a successful 2012 season. I will get on the board in '12! I hope.
Fish on.
Trail Head
the club (not pictured: Jim M. and Dave M.)
Angler of the Year
The Mitchell Award
Boat Captain of the Year
Pontiac and Thompson Lake awards for AC