Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Slayer

They say the best ones never stop practicing their craft and Doke confirmed that theory Friday evening as he pulled in a 3 1/2 pound bass, a 24 inch walleye, and a small pike to boot on Lake Orion.
They also say the not so good ones (i.e., me) practice occasionally and hope for the best. That is why while Doke and his fishing mate were taking care of business on the water, I was getting my sports fix at the Palace watching the Pistons get their fanny kicked by the Heat.
I will definitely get my share of practice a week from today as six of us are headed to one of the fishing hotbeds in the U.S., Kentucky Lake, for a week of fishing, fishing, and more fishing. If Doke will share some of his fishing expertise, I expect nothing less than a banner week of lips being ripped.  
Trail Head