Sunday, March 3, 2013

Spartan Shopper in a Sea of Walmart Wolverines

Ah yes, the Walmart Wolverine. They were out in droves this evening yelling with vengeance at the television as if they were million dollar donors to the university. Yet their only affiliation is the GOBLUE personal license plate they own. A bitter bunch they are, even in victory.
I used to be a Walmart Wolverine actually as my old man was one of the early riders on the U-M football bandwagon back in '75; the Rick Leach/Rob Lytle/Russell Davis/Ralph Clayton era. It was some good football. In addition, it was a beer can collector's paradise in those days as the coat check policy was a bit lax (read: there was no check). Then Rich Rod came... My dad dropped his tickets a short time after. For me, my Walmart Wolverine badge was removed once I step foot on the campus in East Lansing. They hook you to some electrodes and zap the blue right out of you! I've never felt so alive since that day.
Even in defeat, it's good to be green!
Trail Head