Sunday, July 13, 2014

Twin City Experience

The bike tour stayed in the Midwest this past week as a work class took me to Minneapolis for some mind challenging (good for me) data query training. Class aside, I had never been to the city and was bummed that the Twins weren't playing in town and was one week too early for the MLB all-star game. All was not lost, however, as I got to see the Shriners take the city over; they had a convention in town. And no, they weren't all driving around town in tiny cars. I thought I actually saw the Grand Pooba in my hotel though!
I hate to harp on my home city but I understand how Chicago can kick our ass in the downtown scene but Minneapolis even has one over us. Granted they have the pan handlers and people getting into domestic disputes in the streets (witnessed a good one Thursday) just like us, the hotels and restaurants were busy, the streets were filled even mid-week, there was a good police presence and they have a mass transit system from the airport to downtown for a little over $2. It makes me scratch my large head. Come on D.
Trail Head


 
guy cuffed to the pole is going to be a little late for dinner
 
Puckett statue outside of ballpark

Harvin has left the building (saw some Culpepper jerseys as well)



view from my classroom (one-time tallest building in town I was told)
 
 
 
cool clouds on my flight home