Sunday, September 7, 2014

Chip Floatin'

The mountain town called four former Chippewas this weekend for the annual Chippewa River float. We've been doing this for about a decade now and I was wondering on the drive up why the canoe rental owner doesn't recognize us by now. Well, the first words out of his mouth as we approached the rental office were "I remember you" so I guess our mark has been left. We even striked a pose for his Facebook page (noted below; yes cheesy).  The river did not disappoint as Al and Doke probably brought in 40-50 per angler under optimal weather conditions. I got my quota (one). Besides my radio taking a drink in the river, which I'm confident will live another day, no casualties to report.
Good time; good people.
Trail Head 






pose for the canoe rental's Facebook page