Sunday, January 20, 2019

Catching up to Technology

I have wrote about it on here before but I am about a decade behind in the updates to electronic gadgets; and I really don't care. My phone makes calls. That is about all I need. Like the caveman, I adapt.
Case in point when cars started adding jacks so music players could be played in the vehicle. For those of us with vehicles lacking said jack back in the day (queue the 'way back machine'), there was the next best alternative; the iTrip! If you think kids today are distracted texting their friends or checking their social media sites, that was nothing compared to getting the iTrip to synch with your radio. A simple process to make it work. You plug the gadget into the back of your music player, find a radio station that has no reception (seem to recall the recommended radio station to be 87.9) and your music player could play through your radio. Trouble is the transmitter would hit and miss in certain areas so there you were plugging and unplugging the device into your music player trying to get it to reconnect while adjusting the tuner on the device as it would reset each time it went off and back on. Serious distractions just so you can get your favorite playlist on; but we did it. 
iTrip - 'the' driving distraction

With the invention of the music player came the initial sound dock systems. A large speaker with a plug for your music player. A great sound and mine still works great. Trouble is new music players don't have the big plugs and my initial music player is on it's last breath. Undeterred, the super internet shopping store delivered the below bluetooth adapter for my sound dock last week that works with my new player so I'm almost caught up to maybe year 2010's technology. I'm in no rush. 
Trail Head