Sunday, June 30, 2019

The Little Mower That Could

A shout out today to the lawn mower who has seen the inside of more moving trucks than anyone I know and believe its older than this scribe. That's 51 years for those of you keeping score at home. 
It used to be the family mower for my family in the 70's in Farmington, possibly sooner. I looked up the serial number to hopefully find an exact build date but it did not register. It was built with strong materials for sure as I had one other mower have its wheels fall off and another have the blade cover area more or less disintegrate. 
The mower moved to Highland, then Milford, became the backup mower once Dad purchased the rider; the rider had issues so the old reliable Snapper was called in for relief duties on more than one occasion. And delivered each time. I took the mower as mine a little after that down to Indianapolis and back to Michigan a few years later with two more moves to boot before the present day's location. Yes, the pull cord handle is made of duct tape, there is a coat hanger in use holding the grass chute area in place and she does some engine coughing from time to time but that old lady starts every time. Each year I ponder getting one of those fancy 'no pushing' mowers but until old red leaves me stranded on a mow, cough on old mower.
Trail Head