Saturday, July 20, 2019

Vancouver pedal - beautiful city and thanks for putting up with me


The bike tour headed to the high Pacific northwest this past week to Vancouver to see...Vancouver. I love everything about Canada as I have yet to meet an a-hole Canuck. They even put up with my meat and potato appetite as Vancouver has every possible cuisine known to man (lot of 'noodle' places) but once the funky sauce names appear on the menu ("What exactly is bla-blah sauce?"), this large headed scribe has a bit of hesitation. I had a chicken dish at one restaurant with said funky sauce, was able to retrieve my chicken pieces from the large bowl and enjoyed them. I then returned the remaining contents of the bowl to the server and said I was good. They refused to charge me for the chicken even when I gave them the "it's not you, it's me" reply. You are so polite Canada. You even ask for reassurance with every saying ending in "eh?". 
Food oddities aside, what a beautiful city. So very bicycle friendly with hopefully the attached video capturing the utopia. I saw my version of the 'museums' via the British Columbia sports hall of fame  and a Class A baseball game from the local team. Both whetted my sports appetite. 
Thank you to the great white north.
Trail Head












so very blue

















Idiocracy is alive and well when the hotel has to post this






local baseball field