Wednesday, September 25, 2019

He-Shed - Life Lessons

The mechanically DEclined one conquered a project this week with the construction of a "He-Shed" in my back yard, albeit with a few aches and bruises. The building of the shed wasn't that difficult, however, prepping the foundation was a bitch. Similar to painting, if you don't prep (which also sucks), the final product will pay. My foundation consisted of 16 concrete blocks, 2 feet x 2 feet per block weighing about 85 pounds per. Queue the wambulance but that is 16 times lifting the 85 pound blocks from the pile in the store onto a cart. From the cart to the back of my truck. From the back of my truck to my back yard (via wheelbarrow). And one last lift from my back yard to the foundation. Good thing I have a strong back.... (insert sarcasm). The back is hanging in there I'm happy to report, however, during the 64 times of lifting the blocks, one slipped out of my hands and caught my left leg pretty well. So well it left the attached bruise. I guess that is why you never see Bob Vila wearing shorts, eh? Yet another lesson learned but one would think I would have learned my lesson roughly 10 years ago when I used a chainsaw with shorts on and ended up getting worse than a bruise that day. But no. 
Trail Head