Sunday, November 3, 2019

Free At Last

I left one of the social media sites today. As my last post advised, I hope I don't end up like the characters in the movie "The Firm" after clicking the 'remove me' button. It was a good decade run on the site seeing people via the information superhighway you hadn't seen in awhile. 
On with the sarcasm. I will miss seeing friends that have 1,000 friends on there but none when the computer is off.  The bumper sticker senders; and who is making up these bumper stickers and their sayings? The helicopter parents; stop hovering. The attention starved ones who send a picture of themselves with the text, "caption my photo." "I need attention" is the caption that comes to most minds but don't dare send that and get publicly flogged on the Internet. The ever-so-popular changing of the profile picture every other week person. The political pushers. It's all there. 
In all seriousness, I will miss the many dog pictures and the mountain bike trail information. If it could only be that.  
So sorry Russia, you have one less voter to manipulate for the next election.
Trail Head