Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Feeling Well

Next year will be my 30th with my employer and I'm here to tell you things have changed since the 1990 work experience.  
Case in point of my recent discovery of a 'wellness' room on my floor. As we don't have any nursing mothers on the floor, it's a room for stress relief or nursing a post thirsty Thursday dehydration bout.  Pictured below is the room. I think it needs a couch versus a chair. Walking back out on the floor with pillow hair wouldn't be a good look though so the chair will do. We have been in our current building since 2015 and if it wasn't for a recent e-mail from one of the assistants advising that the room needed to be reserved for use (as too many were abusing their privileges), I would think nothing of that room by the color copier even serving a purpose. I didn't know it existed. I'm too busy making color copies of mountain bike maps to worry about being well I guess.
All kidding aside, it's a great idea as when I started working here in 1990, the wellness room consisted of the lunchroom where inside smoking was still allowed so the second hand smoke made you feel....well. 
Trail Head 
the 'lounge'

wellness fridge - don't even think about
putting your tuna salad in there