Saturday, May 23, 2020

Way Back Machine - 1982 ads

The way back machine today takes us to 1982 as I was thumbing through one of the old magazines I saved that warranted saving. The magazine was from January 28, 1982; the cover showing the Montana to Clark touchdown in the NFC Championship. The old articles brought back good memories but I think I got more enjoyment reading the advertisements (that I wouldn't give a second to today). 
Technology has changed just a bit since and I think one endorsement celebrity noted below, who probably had quite a few of them in 1982, might have a bit of trouble trying to land one today.
Trail Head


Sears was usually the location you ventured to in the mall for watching sports
 on the TVs in the electronics department while your mom shopped.
Some cutting edge electronics shown here.

Have you played one of these tapes recently? Not good. My set of
various taped shows/sports/movies recently made a trip to the garbage can.

Your company would not be complete without the Juice
endorsing it; at least in 1982. After 1994? Probably not.
Maybe Bruno Magli needs someone?

Yep, the manual transmission; or the running joke that it's
the most effective anti-theft device to all millennials.

Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek, the future. I get it.
The only thing I see in the future for this television is
someone throwing out their back trying to heave this
600 pound piece of fake wood into a dumpster.


























Such effort back in 1982 for the helicopter parent dragging
this behemoth camera around the little league fields.


I don't care what year it was or is, or how real
current video games are, this was the best.

"All right Roger, look at the camera and motion
awkwardly to Mr. Armstrong."