Sunday, April 17, 2022

still learning my way

Today's new home lesson involves the exciting process of trash collection. Monday is trash day in the city so two weeks ago, this large headed one, thinking that trash collection was part of the local taxes, put his trash at the corner. Fast forward to Monday evening and said trash was still there so I pulled it in and waited until the following Monday. 
The following Monday came, the trash placed out and here comes the trash collectors. They stop, glance at my trash bag.....and drive away without picking up said trash bag. 
A quick call to City Hall and it turns out I needed to either rent a garbage can or purchase a sheet of bag stickers from the city. I've never experienced the sticker process (never heard of it until now) so I'm giving it a try. Tag each bag with a limit of 55 pounds and the bag capacity 35 gallons. That is one large ass bag of trash. Besides post moving trash, I normally only have one bag so it made money sense.
Until the next life lesson...
Trail Head