Sunday, December 4, 2022

lost in semantics

I was at a local establishment the other day as the snow came down. Whenever the roads ice up, I think of the bumper shagging days of my youth. The k-mart canvas tennis shoes worked quite well in giving the slickness desired as you grabbed your dad's car bumper down the neighborhood street (and probably inhaled some good exhaust in the process). Hiking boots were not so good for bumper shagging I found in later years as I blew a hole in my jeans one time from butt shagging due to the boots digging in too hard. 
So back to the local establishment, the snow is falling and I call out "good shagging weather, eh?" A table of ladies in hearing distance giggled upon my statement. After a moment of pause and the light bulb going off on the giggle reason, I came back with, "good BUMPER shagging weather." One word makes a difference thanks to Austin Powers.
Trail Head