Friday, April 25, 2008

The Junkyard Trail - Oh, the smell!!

Last night’s ride on the Milford Trail has brought a new name to this trail, “The Junkyard.” While I saw the handful of abandoned refrigerators and old tires last year, I guess I didn’t notice it as much with the trees in full bloom. There is just a lot of crap out there. To add to the beauty, Hubbell Pond had the death smell coming from it. As Gus noted, there was more death out there than on “The Sopranos.” The dead fish smell was fierce. We went from burning trails last week at Island Lake to stinky trails this week in Milford. Crazy. The Milford Trail, still in its infant stages, is coming along fine but needs more riders to get the new paths worked in.

After a few beverages, some second hand smoking at Baker’s (there are some serious smokers in there), and some giggles watching the Keno addicts play their numbers, I called it a night. If the weather cooperates tomorrow, I’m headed to a Poker Run on the motorcycles out in Lansing. I’ve never been involved in one before but it should be fun. Have a great weekend, whatever you are doing.

Trail Head