Friday, July 11, 2008

I went to a wedding and some mountain biking broke out!

Crazy. I was admiring the many planes flying over Pontiac Lake Recreation Area from Oakland Airport after the ride Thursday night and here comes the bride walking through! She definitely stood out amidst the parking lot full of sweaty spandex. I hope the rain that came through late that evening didn’t dampen the couple’s picture session.

The ride itself was slow, steady, and sticky. My mountain bike is in the shop for some needed tweaking so I had my Schwinn sidewalk cruiser in tow that has no foot holders. That is not a pretty sight with the many rocks and roots throughout Pontiac Lake. I’m turning my mountain bike over to Dr. Jack Kevorkian to put it out of its misery if it needs another fix. I’ve had the bike for roughly 14 years and it has had its share of ghost rides and tumbles.
This will probably be the last post for a week or so. I'm heading out next Friday with the Chenevert clan (three of them) through Canada into Ottawa and over to the Adirondacks on the motorcycles. I better work on my east coast accent with respect to hanging with Chuck and Pete Chenevert.
Trail Head