Thursday, July 31, 2008

Last Day of July - Highland Recreation Area

What a beautiful evening the last day of July was. The humidity was at minimum and if you are into badminton, you couldn't ask for better conditions. The ride at Highland Recreation Area was pretty dusty with quite a few tree roots grabbing my front tire. A fun ride it was, however.

On the ride home from Highland to Novi, I drove through my old stomping grounds of Wixom to see what was up in Apartmentville (my first apartment ever was there). I must say the city looked great. They created more or less a Main St. right along Pontiac Trail and Wixom Road with a pretty sweet fountain near the administrative offices. They have a little park and had a band there when I drove by (total local 80's band). I caught the last song and they didn't sound too bad. I must say the area looked great.
Trail Head