Friday, September 17, 2010

Holdridge Lakes - Holly Rec Area - Gruber's Grinder

I have no idea who Gruber is but apparently he decided to make a path in woods and was on some kind of five hour energy kick and kept making the trail longer and longer. After 15 or so miles, I am guessing Gruber got tired and decided to call it a day. The mountain biking gods were so inspired that they named the trail after him. That is my theory. Did he have to make the first three miles feel like ten? I honestly was ready to utilize the shortcuts at one point. The hills just kept coming and coming. My man boobs have been sagging lately so I decided to see the whole trail. I did have a nice wipe out at about mile 13 that sucked some air out of my lungs. Besides a nice abrasion on my knee and shoulder, all was well. I was Hans Solo out there as I had the day off and my riding brethren were either rehabbing on the injured reserve list or out in the woods hunting anything that was moving. Next year might see some more Reeves' blood on the trails as my nephew Jackson has been asking to come on the tour. If my fellow riders are absent, the J-man is going to come aboard. He is more than welcome as long as he keeps his Facebook postings away from the tour. I like the whole picture posting portion of Facebook but get nauseous when people are telling the world what they are eating for breakfast, doing their homework, po'd about their job, hate the government, are mad at their boyfriend/girlfriend, etc... The people reading it could either care less about how you feel or are happy that you are having it bad. With that, keep it happy or keep it to yourself. (a little commentary today I guess)
Trail Head