Sunday, June 26, 2011

Session IV - Badwater Bass Club - Lake Orion (aka "The Oakland Challenge")

Well, the summer of Jim M. was on a break this past weekend on the fishing tour as he had a prior commitment as guest speaker at the Gary Yamamoto wacky worm convention. Jim must have channeled his mojo into his brother Dave as he took the prize money for biggest fish and total poundage for the session with the help from boat captain Spurge putting him over the goods. Dirt Road Del would be proud as Jim, Dave, and Spurge all hail from the dirt road side of Tipsico Lake Rd. (the good side I hear). There must be something in the water there. With the victory, Dave climbed into 2nd place in the overall standings with Greg V. still leading.
Me, I'm still looking to get on the board. The fish are coming in the boat; they just aren't big enough. I think I'm going to move to bigger hooks because of course, the bigger the hook, the bigger the fish. Right? It has to work. I was under suspicion Friday for preventing Slick and Greg V. from catching fish. It wasn't intentional but damn I could have swore I knew the way to this honey hole on the far west side of the lake. I know it wasn't a mirage because I had been there multiple times. I just couldn't find the branch of the lake (many branches) that had it. In my defense, I did put my two fishing mates on a pretty productive area; but let the conspiracy talk begin! Look out July 3rd at Pettibone Lake!
Trail Head