Sunday, October 9, 2011

Northern Utopia

Well, I guess I picked a good time to dust off my motorcycle this year. It seemed everybody was dusting off their motorcycles as M-22 north out of Manistee was the place to be. I had so much fun riding the route on Friday, I did it again on Saturday after meeting up with Chuck and Tom. So many colors, so many motorcycles, and so many tourists hanging out in Frankfort. We had to work hard to find a cold beverage there but our perseverance paid off at the third establishment we hit.
Ludington was an ideal home base for the festivities. John and Linda O. were gracious enough to let me steal an empty bed Friday night and Saturday's lodging was at the Chuck/Mark C. establishment downtown. Working those connections! I am a low maintenance traveler and supply some hi jinks to the occasion so it's a win-win for all parties I think. Yes, I just used the phrase "hi jinks." What the heck does "hi jinks" mean? But I digress. The Ludington scene mixed in with some great color rides under blue skies, the four day weekend couldn't have been any better.
Trail Head

bridge over Pere Marquette River near Baldwin
Orchard Beach State Park

M-22
farm just north of Ludington