Sunday, October 16, 2011

Views from the first loss - no, I am not a curse

We saw it all today, a thousand runners blocking the way to my rock star free parking spot, the tents in the "Occupy Detroit" demonstration at Grand Circus Park (what exactly are they protesting?), the unofficial Detroit Lion cheerleaders, the ever-so-popular coffee/bagel/doughnut race, the number three floating in the air, and even a Devin Scillian sighting. What we didn't witness unfortunately was a $40 million dollar quarterback earning his paycheck.

Yes, thank you to all the marathon runners this morning for blocking off more or less every street I was trying to go down. As for you marathoners that were walking, cheaters!!!! I'm sorry, that is just my bitterness coming out for having to sit on Jefferson Avenue at Rivard for 10 minutes. All was well in the end, however, with a little help from the People Mover.

For the protesters, good luck to you for whatever you are fighting. I don't think I'm cut out for the protest scene as the many sports this weekend would have me sneaking away from the sit in looking for a television. "I'll be right back everyone."

To the Ford family, enough already on the stance of no cheerleaders. These ladies have earned the right to work the sidelines. For Pete's sake, we could have used some cheering today after seeing that sad display of offense. Let them cheer! Let them cheer!...... 

As far as our $40 million dollar quarterback, I think the previous Monday Night Football buzz finally wore off. It was ugly but maybe the thing we needed after getting pat on the back by anyone and everyone last week.

Trail Head
"Occupy Detroit" demonstration
yep, that's the number three in the air
yep, that's Devin S.
big victory for the doughnut
thankfully, no need for this today