Sunday, April 21, 2013

New Member of the Four-Eye Club

It was only a matter of time. My dad has glasses, mom has glasses, sister has glasses; maybe that "milkman" theory is true and the blind gene won't hit me. Yeah.....no. After 45 years of 20-20 vision and never having an eye exam besides the test at the Secretary of State, the signs were there for me to finally see an eye doctor. When extra squinting is needed to read directions (yes, guys really do read directions) and having to ask the wait staff the amount on a bill you can't read, it's time. Well, after getting confirmation from the eye doctor that I was in fact blind, today I purchased my "readers" and wore them for a bit. I think I might go back to squinting though as I felt nauseated after about 10 minutes with them on. 
As the song goes, I'm a work in progress. 
Trail Head