Sunday, July 28, 2013

Trail Stories - Holly Recreation Area - Tale Of Two Trucks

The story of the two trucks below takes us to Holly, Michigan, specially Holdridge Lakes within Holly Recreation Area last Friday. The intent of said trip was a mountain bike loop on Gruber's Grinder, one of the nut breaking rides in the area. 
So, the ride ends and I'm collecting my thoughts in the parking lot enjoying a cold beverage. I look to my left and see the wolf eye truck. I didn't see the owner but based on the A-1 job on the back window and the immaculate condition of the car, I would put money they wash (and vacuum) it daily. The compulsive car cleaner! I have a person at my bus stop just like this. She does a 20 point inspection of her vehicle each morning while waiting for the bus. EVERY SINGLE MORNING! And if they find a nick, the day is ruined! It is compulsive with a splash of passion I guess you could say. Yeah....no.    
Instead of compulsive clean, our second truck below would be the compulsive slacker. The guy in the truck wasn't even biking; just out for a nice dirt road ride in the company truck on company time. It had to have been company gas as well as I wouldn't be leaving my engine running for 30 minutes if it were on my tab. If you look close at the picture, it says "Not For Hire." I wouldn't be hiring you anyway there fella. 
Trail Head