Sunday, September 15, 2013

Chippewa River - Blind Squirrel Theory at Work

Yep, this here blind squirrel threw a blood red hook with a half worm into one of the many holes on the Chippewa River Saturday and.....waaa-laaa, what I thought was a fun sucker fish fight turned into a frisky bass with some nice girth. I learned from my Lake St. Clair experience earlier this year as I was patient in bringing the fish close. It's too bad we didn't have a big fish kitty as I would have been a rich man. Al and Doke probably caught 40 each as all you had to do was "let it roll down the hill" in the current and it was fish on. We again managed to stretch a designated two hour float into five hours. A beautiful day. And U-M almost lost. So close to the perfect weekend.
Trail Head
    

Doke working his craft

yep, pretty stressful