Sunday, December 15, 2013

"Bullied" By Your Friends

priceless gift
So there I was yesterday evening, headed west for the annual CMU Christmas gathering. I had my priceless gift to distribute ("The Clapper") and my dish to pass (pistachios); I was ready to go. So out the door I went; slowly I ventured through my neighborhood as my two wheel drive truck with no weight in the back LOVES the snow (insert sarcasm). It took me about 30 minutes to make it to the highway as I had to do the "little engine that could" chant at each one degree incline on Grand River. With that, I made the business decision to head back to home base rather than having to call AAA from a ditch. After getting home, I sent out a text to the homeowner and a couple others that I wouldn't be making it. The replies I received are why I love my friends. One was just plain, "pussy." Not to be outdone, the second reply comes in from another, "need a new truck; pussy." Hilarious.
No, this was not "bullying" as I wouldn't expect any other reply from my friends. I thankfully came from the era where a "bully" was just a bad-ass dude. In my junior high years, I guess you could have classified R. Cooper as a bully. He had an entourage before the word was even used. He never picked on me but he had a presence; until we all outgrew him in high school. Then he was just a short dude.
Sorry I missed the party Chippewa-ers. Maybe we'll see you next week.
Until then, shovel on.
Trail Head