Sunday, March 9, 2014

Evolution of Man; Evolution of Phone



Yep, hell has officially frozen over (but is slowly melting, however); the guy who is the last to the party in terms of gadgets (and the first to leave) has joined the fancy phone world. What a long, strange trip it's been as each phone had a reason for it's existence.
My landline phone, it's service turned off sometime around 2007, was a work x-mas party prize. Until the world sent me a sign telling me otherwise, I was content with being a member of the telephone book. "Who needs a cell phone?" Then the world sent me a sign. I locked my keys in my car and thought to myself, "It sure would be nice to have a cell phone right now." That was the birth of cell phone number one.
Cell phones one and two served their purpose, however, I was again behind technology in that everybody was now texting; and in some cases, sexting. The thrill of sexting is lost pretty quick though when you have to work the #6 and #4 keys multiple times to get your word out there. That led to cell phone three with the full keyboard.
Number three was going to be the one and met most of my needs but I recently received another sign; work started blocking personal e-mail access, With that, welcome to the family fancy phone and the extra $30 to my bill!
Trail Head