Sunday, March 2, 2014

My New Crib

Yep, my 1,000 year mortgage was approved and this little baby is all mine. Cleaning 250 rooms might be a toughie, however.
The large melon headed south Friday for a break from shoveling (and wasn't that nice of Mother Nature to leave me a 1/2 foot to shovel when I came home today?). The destination Saturday was Asheville, North Carolina for a visit to the 100+ year old house pictured above, the Biltmore. All I have to say is....damn!!!! What a bachelor pad (was initially)! They didn't spare any detail whether it was in the dining room, spa, smoking room, billiard room, library, the many spare bedrooms (short mattresses, bummer), and on and on. Throw in the Blue Ridge Mountains in the back yard, and you officially have Utopia. Not bad for a summer getaway place.
Warmer days are near Michigan!
Trail Head
not a bad looking back yard view
dining room


funky monkey gargoyles

big head in front of big house