Sunday, June 22, 2014

Badwater Bass Club - Lake St. Clair - Slick Runs the Table

four pounder in his left hand
He was a week late to help his Sons of Liberty fishing mates but Slick redeemed himself quite well in the third session of the Badwater Bass Club yesterday on Lake St. Clair. The pride of Country Court brought in a 14+ pound bag with a four pound big fish to top it off.
The bass capital of the world did not disappoint as everybody caught their share. With the potential this lake has, I dusted off my wallet and put in for the big fish kitty but managed to yet again catch my quota for legal bass; one. I caught a sufficient amount of short fish, my beverage was tasting delicious and the sun was out so all was not lost.
A gold star to the people running the boat launch near the air base. There was a major fishing tournament going on as well yesterday morning (guessing 50 boats). We were obviously a bit concerned on Friday but Al, who arrived early Saturday, said it was so well coordinated in getting the tournament boats in and the trailers away from the public fisherman, there was no delay.
Happy first day of summer.
Trail Head




 


hitting my quota (1)