Thursday, June 5, 2014

Perfect Storm Of Traffic; Extra Innings Please


Mark C. ready to do a table top (ha)
It was the perfect storm of traffic for me today with a Tiger baseball matinee that ended too soon in combination with the I-96 tear down. Today is mountain bike day and as my bus leaving downtown was crawling on Bagley with sad Tiger fans surrounding us, mountain bike day was in jeopardy! I actually hope for extra inning games on matinee days. Keep the fans in the stadium until about 6 PM would be just fine thank you.
I would not be denied, however. The mountain bike gods somehow made 696/96 heading west flow somewhat good so once we escaped the Lodge, I got to my truck, did some creative maneuvers and before I knew it, I was at Brighton Recreation Area. It was worth the effort as a fine night it was.
Trail Head