Sunday, June 7, 2015

Motor City Mountain Biking Association Fundraiser

We came, we pedaled, I fell (going to be a serious thigh bruise in a few days), I got back up again, and then Mark's chain broke. That pretty much sums up the day yesterday at the Milford Trail Challenge fundraiser for the local mountain bike trails. 
After pedaling the Milford Trail with fellow riders Joe, the other Joe and Scott (fast riders - had the heart rate up pretty quickly at 9 AM), I met up with Mark C. with intentions of doing the Milford Trail, into Proud Lake and looping back through Kensington and into Milford via the paved path. That was the plan at least. About three quarters through the Milford Trail, my front tire caught something and....down goes Frazier!!! I have some scrapes on my left shin which drew a little blood but the worst of the fall is my right thigh that took a good blow from my handlebar end. The bruise is just starting to appear today and it's going to be a beauty when the blue appears. Waaaaa.... Nothing was broken (that I know of) and the bike was fine so pedal on we did on this picture perfect day. After that loop, we pedaled over to Proud Lake to the trails that besides this event, really don't get much mountain bike activity. You share the trails with the horses so the ground is usually beat up and look out for the horse dung!!! About half way through the first loop, I hear a call from the back from Mark. Chain broke. So two mechanically DE-clined individuals set out to fix the chain. I am happy to report that the blind squirrel found the nut as we got the chain together just enough for Mark to pedal back into downtown Milford. The chain broke again but we were close enough to home base at that point.
Post ride was enjoyable hanging with fellow riders, listening to a good band and sipping on some cold beverages. A great showing for the event.
Trail Head
Milford Trail
funky bike racks

Milford Trail

yours truly through Proud Lake

second time for the chain off - luckily not too far from home base

yep, I fell - this is minor compared to what my right thigh is going to look like in a few days - waaaa

good band - had a Johnny Cash twang to them