Saturday, June 20, 2015

Saying Goodbye to a Friend

I said goodbye to a friend today as I signed off on the title to my 2003 truck to my nephew Jackson. Twelve years and have never been stranded. Granted, a few repair bills here and there but you can't ask for much more from a vehicle. I never officially gave my truck a name but it has been called "come on Bessie" a few times when the snow gets fierce (two-wheel drive). 
For 160,000+ miles, you get a feel for a vehicle. I could polish off a large Blizzard from DQ while driving with my right knee. Everywhere from Madison, Wisconsin to La Grange Park, Illinois to Kingsville, Ontario to Copper Harbor, Michigan, most of the Upper Peninsula and a couple Windy City tours, the truck has collected its fair share of bugs. I was able to have a last road trip with it last weekend for the Mother Cup. Back roads for most of the ride home. In addition to kudos for the truck, I'd also like to thank my rear view mirror fish "Gill" and bobble head (bobble body?) Pudge for the journeys as I sang to both on occasion. 
Ride on Bessie.
Trail Head
"I said goooood morning Gill" - rear view mirror hanger

Pudge is always pumped

 last road trip for Bessie - fishing poles, bicycle and golf clubs (and soda pop) - all the necessities