Sunday, April 24, 2016

Church of Tim - Enjoying the Ride

The soul cleansing was abundant at the Church of Tim ride this morning at Brighton Recreation Area. The church choir in the form of my music player was belting out some beautiful organ playing via Petty, J. Geils, Black Bob Seger, Steve Winwood singing like Ray Charles and some Allman Brothers for good measure. Some fine holy wine after the ride as well. 
I was raised in the Catholic faith but my parents didn't push the religion once we were of age; which I am happy for. It was time to make our own decisions. With that, the kneeling, standing, sitting, standing again, kneeling again, sitting again were fine and all but besides a rare sermon that gave me pause to think about this wacky existence we have, it seemed those who promoted/pushed the faith the most in public were the biggest sinners in private. With that, you probably won't see me in the pews on Sundays but will continue to love my fellow human and thank whomever has created this funky world each night. 
Thank you. 
Trail Head