Sunday, September 25, 2016

Number 986th Place!

I recently started using a new program with my phone that has the ability to track your mountain bike riding efforts. I won't bore you with maps of each ride as who wants to see a bunch of maps with some red squiggle lines throughout? One of the bells/whistles of the program, however, is it also tracks EVERYONE who has rode a certain trail (and is using the application) and ranks the times. As old Coach Stevenson used to tell us, there is always someone better. So true in this case. For the trail I rode today, I am in 986th place, so I got that going for me. I pulled up a few trails in the area for comparison with the group I follow; noted at the bottom of this post. Leading the way on two I pulled is former Milford Redskin Shaun L. Funny thing is I don't recall Shaun being that athletic in high school but damn she has really taken a grip on the mountain bike world. Right behind her is my nephew Jackson and roughly 10 minutes off the pace is yours truly. My excuse (always an excuse) is I like to stop for photo opportunities and Hendrix on with my music player a bit more than the others. Excuses, excuses.
Trail Head