Sunday, October 1, 2017

Mountain Town Fish


The annual Chippewa River fish in Mt. Pleasant received a different perspective yesterday as we left the river vessels at home and fished the river shore via Chipp-A-Waters and Island Parks. I am kicking myself for not utilizing the parks more during my two year stay at CMU back in the 80's as both parks are still A-number-1 with some nice upgrades in the 30 years since. Great to see.
For the Saturday fish stories, the river holes were there for the fish taking but the production was minimal for the group as an 8 inch bass took top billing for the day. We sure couldn't complain about the conditions though as I don't believe I saw a cloud all day. Regardless if we are catching them by foot or by sea, its about the people and the group of Chippewa alums in my company did not disappoint. 
Chip-oo-wah!!!
Trail Head




Mike doing his Statue of Liberty impression (nailed it)
Island Park
Island Park

Chipp-A-Waters Park
Island Park


Island Park

Chipp-A-Waters Park
Chipp-A-Waters Park
Chipp-A-Waters Park
Chipp-A-Waters Park


 


Island Park