Monday, December 25, 2017

50 Takes Down the 20-Something!!!*

It will be with an asterisk and an explanation but yes, this new member of the AARP world pedaled more miles in 2017 than his 20-something urban riding nephew. As for the asterisk/explanation, the conquest was legit as I secretly told nephew Jackson's parents about mid-year that I was going to have more miles at the end. They wisely gave me the advice of not poking the bear as he can click off 1,000 miles quite easily if prodded enough. In addition, he has been knee deep in the sport of bicycle polo (which sounds like fun by the way) which took away from his totals. In addition to the addition, Jackson hit over 3,000 miles in 2016.  
Regardless, 2017 is mine Millennial Boy!!! And there are no second place ribbons in my world.
My championship belt will last forever as I will be riding off the grid in 2018. I gave the bicycle tracking phone app one full calendar year to try. I like the route tracking process, it gets people off the couch and discovered some new trails but found 'following' other people's workouts odd; especially when some hit the same trail each time. Again, happy that folks are out pedaling but it just didn't do it for me and would rather devote my time to enjoying the scenery in the middle of a ride versus worrying that my tracking app is properly re-starting.
2017 Riding Champion of the Universe, signing off.
Trail Head