Sunday, February 25, 2018

Cord Woes

I bought a new cell phone last week. And yes, I'm still 10 years or so behind the latest technology in that I'm typing this entry on my Vista computer with a printer that hasn't printed in a decade and a hamster on a wheel in the back making sure the blowers run every so often. I more or less bought a slight upgrade from the current, basic phone I have now. Simple Simon here has simple phone needs; getting me absolutely useless information at a second's notice and the ability to determine what band is playing a certain song with a touch of a button. I guess the ability to call others is a nice to have as well.   
With the new phone comes a new charge cord. One would think the same company that produced my previous phone would have the same type of cord for all their phones. But no. Into my drawer of cords I went as what you see pictured are all different cord types. Not one matches the new phone. A new cord for the truck and one for the office and we have two new members to the cord family. How nice.
Million dollar idea; phase out the current cords and make everyone adapt and buy your new cord. I didn't think there were so many different ways to charge something but I have eight different pictured so I guess there are at least eight people sipping a fruit drink on a deserted island, laughing their asses off in that they found a group that was willing to give their cord a try. Those cords now reside on the Island of Misfit Cords (Rudolph reference) as they go to gadgets that are obsolete; some of which I still attempt to use.
Keep running Mr. Hamster. 
Trail Head