Sunday, February 18, 2018

Velodroming in the D

I had my first velodrome experience yesterday in seeing the new one recently built in the D. Fifty degree (roughly the angle of the backslash '/' symbol) banking in the turns is not going to allow much slow down time to check the music in your earbuds as you'll be face planted into the wood panel track if you are lollygagging during said ride. I told nephew Jackson that I prefer pedaling in the uncertainty of the woods versus working on my ability to turn left, then left, then left, then left again...   Jackson, always quick with a reply, noted, "You are still in the woods, you're just riding ON the wood as opposed to riding IN the woods." Well put Urban Rider. 
For a gray, overcast day in February when the ability to ride outdoors is taken away due to Mother Nature, the place in midtown does the trick in getting the pedal fix though. Jackson is in the attached video, still working on catching up to this scribe's 2017 riding totals (ha). He passed me and then some.
Drome on!
Trail Head