Thursday, March 8, 2018

Way Back Machine Visit to the Beginning

I’m putting together a family wall in my house and looking over the pictures I compiled. It got me thinking of the many things that could/could not have occurred to have this large headed writer exist/not exist in this wacky world we live in today. With that, the Way Back Machine takes us back to the 1930’s in Detroit when four individuals came together and through a chain of events, created me.
Frank Reeves was working the beat as a Detroit cop when he met Eva Heisenleder (just a hint of German in that name), got married, raised two boys, Hugo and Joe, and called Bordeau Street around Grand River and Livernois in Detroit home.
Grandpa Frank












Aunt Freda, Hugo & Joe





















Not too far away, Byron (Barney) Meece, working in the local tool and die world, was courting Evelyn Cowger. They too got married, raised a girl and boy, Donna and Howard, and called Montrose Street around Greenfield and Plymouth Rd. in Detroit home. Barney built his own house. That alone gets you classified as a man's man. 
Grandpa Barney
Barney & Evelyn

Howard & Donna
Donna

Barney & Donna
Donna





































Fast forward 20 or so years when Hugo was at a party around his neighborhood (details are sketchy but this is the story I was told) and came upon Donna. I guess he waited until his wedding vows to not lie as he told my Mom he was younger than he was right off the bat. After some courtship (and truth telling), the two married, created their own family and after a few glasses of wine on what was probably a cold, winter evening in 1967, the two got frisky and conceived me.
Thanks to all involved for making it happen!
Trail Head
Donna



















Hugo



me, sis & bro - doing a really bad 'see no evil, hear no evil, speak no
evil' (how could I see the camera with my hands over my eyes?)