Tuesday, July 17, 2018

East to the Lake

There are some positives to sleeping in and about a year ago this month, I did just that. I slept in and was surfing through the idiot box (tv) and came across a PBS show called 'Pedal America.' I believe the series only ran for a handful of episodes but on that July morning, their location was Raystown Lake, Pennsylvania; home of the Allegrippis Trails. The trails have to be pretty good if someone is doing a show on them. Additionally, local riders told me it was worth the seven hour drive from the 'D' so east I went this past weekend. I was not disappointed.
Fast, fast, fast. About 30 miles of trails, give or take, to choose from; it was a thrill ride. No crashes to report but riders lacking a good pair of gloves will be eating some handlebars down some of the flows. One slip while going over the many 'whoop-de-whoops' and down goes Frazier!!! I attempted to find out what 'Allegrippis' of the Allegrippis Trails means without success so I'm making faking news and claiming its Indian for "hold the fu** on."  I tried to capture it in the video below but not sure it will do it justice.  
Hold the fu** on.
Trail Head





north vista looking off onto Raystown Lake




stressful Monday morning drive to trailhead

Penn State was 30 miles away - day trip