Sunday, August 5, 2018

Spirits Playing with my Mail & Finance Tips

I think my dad's spirit is playing with the mail as I recently received two invitations ("special" invitations at that) offering a chance to have a tax free retirement! Ummm, who wouldn't.  
The invitation adds "Sit back and relax, nothing will be sold at this educational event." Nothing will be sold at the event but as my mom used to tell me from my dad attending them (he hit many); the presenters will tell you anything to eventually sell you something next week.    My dad was in sales, did very well for himself financially and knew the game but you got him to take the bait by overly praising his financial acumen. "You're the smartest person here John." 
A diverse portfolio is a strong one, however, if your family has to go looking under every rock after you pass to settle up because you had so many out there, that is no fun for anyone. We thankfully haven't uncovered anything too out of the ordinary. 
Stop playing with my mail AAA insurance spirit and sorry 'C. Curtis' but I will not be attending your seminar.
Trail Head