Monday, December 10, 2018

Opposite of Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong" is the premise behind Murphy's Law. I have no idea who Murphy is but I seem to be on a nice run of the opposite of said law as the better half and I hit Chicago this past weekend via train. We had seats with extra leg room with no train delays either way, VERY early check-in at the hotel, a great lunch recommendation from the hotel while being able to catch the end of the State hoop game at said lunch, front row for an afternoon Second City show (funny show), a great dinner recommendation from the hotel (with no food poisoning!) and back on the train Sunday morning with the same great seats we had coming into town. I'm exaggerating but it seemed every downtown crosswalk on Saturday was green; just had the mojo going.   
For the many, many times I've been on Murphy's side, it's nice to be on the other once in a while.  
Trail Head


 


In the holiday spirit, I had my first ever Wayne County Lightfest experience last week as well. I would like to see it again via bicycle so there is no feeling hurried from the vehicles behind you. It was exciting in the truck though getting dumped out after the tour around Warren and Outer Drive. No return driving allowed on Hines Drive after the tour so lock your doors kids.