Friday, December 21, 2018

Spam Exam - opt out blues

This Internet and electronic e-mail thing is great and everything but since the advent of it, we had to take along the ugly stepchild; spam e-mail. My one e-mail address seems to be a spider web in a spider village of many in collecting junk from anyone and everyone. Attempts to opt out of each are a journey to nowhere as half the time the opt out e-mail comes back un-deliverable. I am not even a political person but somehow got linked to a mass of tea party e-mails recently that got coded as non-spam and you couldn't move them to the junk folder. One site had two opt out links and I chose the wrong one of course. Thankfully my virus protector caught it and gave me the "danger, Will Robinson!" alert.      
Below we have Mrs Giamma advising that I just might be a millionaire and Wilhelm (sounds like a good dog name) advising about some information regarding Eric. Sorry Wilhelm, I'm probably not going to see it.
Not to be outdone, we have the e-mail everyone is looking to get, Publishers Clearing...something advising, no, congratulating me that my e-mail was drawn for winning....a possible virus!!! They are so good with the word placement on these. You bet uneducated Jim Bob is going to open that and click every link possible to uncover the millions! 
And below my winning e-mail, Adrian is apparently trying to reach me. Yo Adrian, I don't know anyone by that name so sorry. 
To A A G, I have no mortgage needs right now (thankfully). 
To the post office, I have no interest in any partnership, especially with someone named Mr. George Williams Mudonille. That is one pompous name.
And spam e-mail wouldn't be complete without a chance at a Ukrainian mail order bride...
To AKDKTK KAKuKtKh (lacking some vowels there AKDKTK), I have nothing of worth in my house so no free quotes needed. 
To US Debt Settle, I thankfully have no debt to settle.
To LCiCpCoCsCuCctio, if I could arrange to have some weight put back ON me as opposed to sucking it out this winter, that would be ideal.
The whole browsing in 'incognito/inprivate' mode is a sham as well. Case in point with the below batch of Keto diet spam e-mails I received shortly after doing some searching on the subject (searched, no e-mail entered on my end). 

As with the crap mail (actual mail) of shopping flyers that has existed longer than my half century  of existence with no escape besides getting a post office box, I am guessing we are stuck with the electronic version as well.
Spam, spam, spam....
Trail Head