Thursday, March 21, 2019

Razorback Ride - sometimes we fall...on very sharp rocks

The bike tour ventured south this past week with a fall count of three; fault blamed mostly on said A.D.D. rider seeing shiny objects in the peripherals and catching an errant rock bringing said rider down. No broken bones to report but I seem to find a new bruise each hour since I returned home. 
Whining rider report aside, what a mountain bike paradise the Bentonville, Arkansas area is.
In the attached video, you get to see fall number three at the beginning.  Then a view of The Ledges trail which was literally a ride on a ledge and if you veered off the ledge you had some serious ghost riding going on down about 20 feet onto rock. I didn't bite it in The Ledges but somehow found a rocky ravine to fall into just before.
The city of Bentonville is small town America with a monster company within it so heads up for a Walmart reference quite a bit in town. My lodging was A-1 with the some great local flavor at the hotel bar trying to get their Razorback baseball game on the television. They love their college baseball in the south and I couldn't tell you one current Spartan or Wolverine baseball player if my life depended on it.  
It was St. Patrick's day over the weekend and wasn't sure if the Razorback faithful were into the green tradition but they were; so much that I've never seen so many babies (i.e. infants) in the bar in my life Saturday afternoon. Crazy, but not really. 
In addition to the utopia ride, I got to visit my Aunt Pat and cousin Mike who live a little over an hour east of Bentonville. I hadn't seen Mike in some time. He looks like my Uncle Joe and I look like my Dad as we both joked that we hoped there would be no repeat in certain aspects of both lives.
To the Arkansas faithful.....Pig Sooie!!!!!
Trail Head

Redneck version of the bike rack (couldn't resist taking this picture)





best trail name ever

tourist mode