Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Everyone gets a ribbon - apology to the Millennials

Everyone gets a ribbon. The syndrome is everywhere recently as we can't have anyone feeling bad. All fingers for said syndrome always seem to point at the phone/social media-addicted population, the Millennials. 
I'm here today to offer an apology to the group. While being cooped up in this fun time of hibernation, I dug up some artifacts from my youth and have proof that everyone was getting a ribbon well before the Millennials were even a gleam in their mother's eyes. Some sad ribbons at that.
Trail Head

not 1st, 2nd or 3rd place
but a 'special' award - yikes
I ruled in math but an 'A' on the report card will suffice
nice team name for a pack of 6th graders....

not a ribbon but a 3rd place....sticker

believe this was for a paper weight
the birth of my writing career in 5th grade
everyone will work a little harder
when only the best gets the award