Sunday, November 8, 2020

Trail Showcase - the night ride

Today's showcase takes us to the nighttime anywhere in SE Michigan on the mountain bike. With daylight savings ending (or started? - can't keep that straight), most of us start the work day in darkness and end the same way so improvise we must if a weekday work release ride is calling. 
I would call out a trail name but in the dark, it can be anywhere. I even find myself asking where the heck I'm at during most night rides after getting into some deep thought for a couple miles. It kicks the mountain bike experience up a notch. 
The attached video gives a short glimpse into the experience. I would normally have a second light attached to the helmet that helps on turns but the camera took that spot. Not a hardcore trail so the limitation had little or no impact.
I thank the lord for the nighttime as the song goes.

Cell phone users need to click the link to view the attached video:

(put quality settings to 1080hd for best picture quality)
Trail Head